Monday, November 26, 2012

A bit about Canon

I am thinking of getting a wireless printer. It's Cyber Monday and Wal-Mart has a Canon for $49 with a $10 gift card. But that would require two things that I am against: Wal-Mart, and then having to shop at Wal-Mart again.

When I do get a printer, it will be a Canon. I currently have two Canon cameras and a Canon Pixma printer. I am loyal to Canon because, back in the day I owned a camcorder (remember those?), it broke. I sent it back to Canon and they have a 1x fix it free policy. They fixed it and sent it back to me.

I tried the same thing with two (pre Canon cameras) Fuji cameras. They were my first forays into the digital world. I asked them why both cameras were broken, and did they stand behind them? Fuji wouldn't help in any way. So, they're on my list of companies I won't do business with.

In a blog posting in the Harvard Business Review, Rosabeth Moss Kanter talks about how too many companies are looking at short-term profits, not long-term success. She's right! Those companies that pretend to provide good customer service, but don't, are forever on my grudge list.

Here is the posting, which is especially interesting given the recent demise of Twinkies. Five Self-Defeating Behaviors that Ruin Companies and Careers.

And for eye candy, a picture I took with my Canon point and shoot:

Taken with my Canon point and shoot. Canon is a brand I am loyal to.

No comments:

Post a Comment