Monday, October 1, 2012

Vitamin Shoppe

In an effort to wean myself off Ambien, I stopped at the Vitamin Shoppe to find a lower-cost alternated to Kavinace and Travacor.

The guy there showed me eight options and confused me greatly. I couldn't track what he was talking about. Interspersed between unwieldy strings of words ending in "amino acids" and "globulin" were things like, "I have a degree in nutrition." "I'm the one who trains the staff here." And my favorite, "I don't mean to sound like a used car salesman."

Well, then don't.

In the end, he recommended a product called Sleep Optimizer and promised to call when it came in on Thursday.

Thursday came and went.

On Saturday, I stopped in again.

"You didn't call me."

"Well, I don't work on Thursdays."

I continued to look at him, blinking once.

"Besides, the post it note is gone. Someone's been throwing away the post it notes. Rob, did you throw away all those post it notes?" as he continues to look busy moving bottles around.

And again, with the used car salesman crap.

In the end, because my desire to get off Ambien is greater than my anger at this stup, I spend the $20 on it.

What drove this purchase? Desperation. A $20 gamble that may lead to a grudge and boycott.

What will drive a future purchase? End the asshole customer service, Vitamin Shoppe. Plus, this stuff better work.

This stuff better work.

No comments:

Post a Comment